ChessV 2.2 - What's New
- About 30 new variants have been added. The total is now over 100.
- Playing strength has been increased significantly.
- The engine now has a few configuration options:
- Variation of Play - When set to "None", ChessV is completely deterministic as it was with previous versions.
Options "Small", "Medium", and "Large" use various means to increase the variety.
Small should not weaken the playing strength although higher settings probably will.
- Weakening - A setting from 0 to 15 to reduce the strength of the engine
- Transposition Table Size - This is now configurable from 16 MB to 4 GB
- The ChessV engine can now be used separately from the GUI if you wish to use it under a different GUI, such as WinBoard. The separate engine is ChessV.Engine.exe
- The power of the scripting language has been increased. 23 of the included games are now implemented with the scripting language.
- Various tools have been included such as a basic facility for running games in batch mode for testing and analysis.
- Lots of bugs have been fixed. Thanks to all those who helped with testing and reporting issues!
COPYRIGHT (C) 2020 BY GREG STRONG